Monday, March 29, 2010

dixie swim club.

"Here I am, you called me."

i was reading that today on the train in 1 Samuel chapter 3 and it stuck with me..

the rain is back...and it NEVER stops. the umbrella i've been using is as big as a house.

wind going in all different directions + pouring rain + klutz me = umbrella inside out and me getting soaked in the process of trying to fix the thing that's supposed to keep me dry. ugh.

so...i've been researching and preparing for the production i'm getting ready to do hair and makeup for. the show is called "the dixie swim club." it's basically golden girls humor...very dry, witty. the setting starts in the 1970s, 5 women in their mid 40s at this beach house they meet at once a year. they met in high school on the dixie swim club team, and it's just a story of their friendship over the course of 30 years. so it's cool...in each act, they age a decade...so i get to age them and play off each decade, while keeping them in character. there might even be wigs involved :)

oh how i've missed doing hair...

they need to get a chick fil a in Boston...just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment