Thursday, December 9, 2010

cambiamento.

crying: the process of shedding tears (usually accompanied by sobs or other inarticulate sounds)

Crying is a rather strange thing when you think about it...it's almost uncontrollable. You can cry tears of joy, tears of pain, or tears can fall from your face when you stare at a bright computer screen too long...(which is the kind i am experiencing right now)

In the past few weeks...I have shed all 3 kinds of tears. (for me...that is quite an accomplishment, I don't tend to cry very often) I guess you could say I have been in touch with my emotions these days.

Today I reflected on who I was before I moved to Boston...and just how much God has taught me upon leaving Arkansas and beginning my endeavors in New England. It's kind of overwhelming how God creeps into your life. I was this vulnerable broken girl...who was so stubborn and selfish. I thought I had it all figured out...I was going to move to Boston and kill it! (can you say prideful?) I was going to be this fabulous hair stylist, when in reality, God had another agenda for me...who knew that he could use swing dancing to introduce me to people who led worship for a God-centered church? I sure didn't.

What an impact this church has made on my life...I have NEVER felt more loved by a church (a body of people who love each other and serve Christ). I can honestly say that this church has a genuine heart for the Lord..they truly love God and love people, because He first loved us.

I am tearing up just thinking about how much God has done in my life in the past couple years...it is truly wonderful to think about, and I know this is only the beginning.

It's funny how life changes so unexpectedly. It comes out of no where.

As for man, his days are like grass; he flourishes like a flower of the field; for the wind passes over it, and it is gone, and its place knows it no more.
Psalm 103:15-16

My life may be short, but I want it spent honoring Him.

Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! It's amazing how God uses people and the love of swing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are precious Anna. I'm a very proud big sister. I have no doubt that God is going to use you in a big way. Keep your eyes on Him. He will show you the way.

    Love you lots...

    ReplyDelete