Tuesday, September 14, 2010

majesty.

So these past few weeks have been rather revealing...and I thought they might be encouraging to others as well. So here goes nothing..

Majesty Majesty
Your beauty ASTOUNDS me
Your faithfulness is unending
Your mercies are new every single day
Thank you.

-excerpt from a journal entry from a couple days ago

He poured water into a bowl and began to wash the followers feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him. -John 13:5

It is truly amazing to me how MANY different ways God shows his love for us throughout scripture/my own life. It can even be as simple as a smile from a stranger. God calls us to DESIRE his heart to love others just like he has loved me and you. This means...we love all, serve Him, and there shouldn't be any hesitation whatsoever with this.

A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.-Proverbs 11:25

something else God has laid on my heart lately...

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. -Hebrews 4:7

God is beautiful and SINLESS. He shared every single trial we have faced when he was a man on earth (take a moment just to digest that). He knows our every thought, our hearts, and far beyond what we can see in this moment.

I am reminded daily of how small and insignificant my life is how how big and marvelous He is. It just blows me away that despite all my sin and faults, he still loves me just as much as he did yesterday, and the day before that.

"Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need to do is love without getting tired." -Mother Theresa

1 comment:

  1. Anna-your post has encouraged me. I am reminded that He loves me no matter what my sins are! I know this everyday, but to see someone else post it for the world to see encourages me. I know that our God will always be there no matter what!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete